Ways of Knowing in Ethics
Тезисы до: 01.02.2018
Даты: 22.06.18 — 23.06.18
Область наук: Философские;
Е-мейл Оргкомитета: firstname.lastname@example.org
Организаторы: Department of Philosophy, Simon Fraser University
Ways of Knowing in Ethics is a two-day conference on moral epistemology. We aim to host talks on a wide variety of topics related to the notion of ethical knowledge. We have reserved two slots for presenters who are either graduate students or recent PhDs in philosophy (those who have received their PhDs no earlier than September 1, 2014). Interested philosophers should submit papers on related topics which include, but are not limited to:
- Do the emotions play a role in the acquisition and transmission of moral knowledge, and if so, how?
- Should we be puzzled by the phenomenon of moral testimony?
- Do various forms of moral skepticism (arising from evolution, psychology, disagreement or metaphysics) succeed?
- In what sense can agents be culpable for moral ignorance?
- Can we retain a plausible and realistic notion of moral reasoning, especially In light of the rise of neo-sentimentalism in moral psychology?
- What role do aesthetic products (literature, music, visual art) play in the acquisition and transmission of moral knowledge?
- What positive contribution(s) can figures in the history of philosophy make to these debates?
Веб-сайт конференции: https://philevents.org/event/show/37482
Конференции по теме - с близкими дедлайнами:
"The Aesthetics of Decay: Ghost Stories and Mysteries" International ConferenceПрием тезисов до 10.11.19, London