Conference on Sermon Studies: "Space, Place, Context"
Тезисы до: 15.07.2018
Даты: 11.10.18 — 14.10.18
Е-мейл Оргкомитета: firstname.lastname@example.org
Организаторы: The Center for Sermon Studies at Marshall University
The conference is multidisciplinary and interfaith. The organizers’ goal is to bring scholars, practitioners, and interested laypersons together to discuss sermon texts and the art of preaching from a variety of academic and religious perspectives.
The theme for 2018 is “Space, Place, Context.” Topics related to the theme might include
- Sermons delivered on special occasions (coronations, funerals, natural disasters, etc)
- The relationship between space (cathedral, chapel, outdoor setting) and sermon
- Interdenominational and interfaith pulpit exchanges
We are also interested in projects focusing on all aspects of the sermon, including
- Preaching in antiquity and the medieval period
- Preaching by women
- Jewish and Islamic preaching
- Preaching in areas other than Britain and the United States
In addition to traditional panels of papers, the program will include
- “Pop-up” or “unconference” sessions, in which the topic/agenda are determined during the conference
- Workshops and continuing-education opportunities. These could run longer than the typical conference session (from several hours to a half-day), with participants discussing “best practices” for sermon preparation and delivery, giving and receiving feedback on drafts, or even giving sample sermons.