17th International Conference on Minority Languages
Тезисы до: 01.10.2018
Даты: 22.05.19 — 24.05.19
Область наук: Филологические;
Е-мейл Оргкомитета: https://icml.eu/registration/
Организаторы: Mercator, the European research centre on multilingualism and language learning
Globalization has affected our world in countless ways. For example, it changed (and still changes) how people do business, communicate with each other and it impacts education and language learning. This is also the case for minority or minoritized languages. But while the world is increasingly globalizing, minority languages may face severe challenges to survive or withhold their position within a dynamic society.
The few dominant languages strongly influence smaller languages in language use and number of speakers, education and language learning, language policy and the development of language technologies for these under-resourced languages. Some languages are even threatened with extinction. According to the Endangered Language Project, 40% of the languages of the world will disappear due to globalization.
ICML XVII will address the challenges and opportunities of smaller languages such as minority languages in a globalized society. It aims to bring together scholars and students across the multidisciplinary field of minority languages.
We are proud to introduce our plenary speakers:
- Dr. Bernat Joan i Marí (Associate Lecturer, Universitat de les Illes Balears, Catalunya/Spain)
- Dr. Lorna Carson (Associate Professor in Applied Linguistics, Trinity College Dublin, Ireland)
- Dr. Delyth Prys (Head of the Language Technology Unit Bangor University, Wales/United Kingdom)
- Dr. Mandana Seyfeddinipur (Director Endangered Languages Documentation Programme SOAS/University of London, United Kingdom).
Call for Papers:
We welcome proposals focussing on minority languages and...
- digital technologies
- language use in social media
- new speakers
- methodologies in minority language research
- language policies and revitalization
- education and language learning
- language documentation and archiving.
Веб-сайт конференции: https://icml.eu/
Конференции по теме - с близкими дедлайнами:
MLA 2020 - Mobilizing Self-IndifferenceПрием тезисов до 13.03.20, Seattle
Европейский журнал литературоведения и лингвистики. Номер 2/2020Прием тезисов до 30.04.20, Вена