Occupational Science Europe Conference 2019
Тезисы до: 01.01.2019
Даты: 30.08.19 — 31.08.19
Область наук: Экономические;
Е-мейл Оргкомитета: http://www.amsterdamuas.com/achieve/contact/contact.html
Организаторы: Amsterdam University of Applied Sciences
Occupational Science Europe is a network of researchers and practitioners interested in studying occupation from a variety of perspectives. The concept occupation includes all the various everyday activities people do as individuals, in families, and with communities to occupy time and bring meaning and purpose to life; occupations include things people need to, want to, and are expected to do (International Society of Occupational Science, 2017). Occupational science aims to explore occupation, and its link to health through interdisciplinary approaches.
We welcome individuals and groups from within and beyond the fields of occupational science and occupational therapy to join us in exploring the concept of occupation, it’s relation to health, and how shifts in everyday doing that are occurring in the climate of a time of transition in Europe.
International trends are playing out in the European context in unique and dynamic ways. Brexit, increased migration, rising nationalistic values, polarization, health system reforms and individualistic governance trends are all influencing how Europe positions itself in the global arena. Health inequalities continue to exist within European countries, as well stark employment, income and health inequalities are seen between Western, Central, and Eastern European countries.
Parallel to these transitions is the voice of the European citizens. The citizen-response has displayed an increase in bottom up initiatives, displaying solidarity and action in these dynamic times. These transitions all influence dramatically the occupational lives and health of communities, groups and individuals within the European context.
This conference will explore the impact these global transitions have on the occupational lives and health of individuals, groups and communities in Europe and will pose the question: What can occupational science contribute to this transitioning context and the challenges and possibilities it presents?
- Individual in transition: the individual as an occupational being within the European context
- The impact of global and European transitions on the individual as an occupational being o How individuals demonstrate resilience, adaptation or flexibility as part of their experience of transition
- The occupational experience of being a ‘person in transition’
- Communities in transition: citizens and communities impacted by and responding to transitions seen in Europe today o The impact of global and European transitions on communities and their occupations in society
- The transitions, adaptations and possibilities of the occupations of communities in transition
- The citizen-responses to circumstances of a community in transition
- Occupational Science in transition: what is the methodological and theoretical response required by Occupational Science in the dynamic European context of today?
- The impact of global and European transitions on the priorities for occupational science
- The methodological and theoretical approaches needed to adapt to current transitions
- What is needed to be critically responsive in order to recognize, advocate and engage as Occupational Science researchers during periods of transition
Веб-сайт конференции: http://www.amsterdamuas.com/achieve/contact/contact.html
Конференции по теме - с близкими дедлайнами:
Европейский журнал экономических наук и управления. Номер 2/2020Прием тезисов до 30.04.20, Вена