Oral History Workshop
Тезисы до: 01.04.2019
Даты: 09.06.19 — 09.06.19
Область наук: Исторические и археология;
Е-мейл Оргкомитета: email@example.com
Организаторы: London Centre for Interdisciplinary Research
Oral History Workshop
9 June 2019 – London, UK
The workshop is designed for students, young scholars independent researchers and history, culture and tradition enthusiasts who would like to improve their academic skills, introduce oral history in their work, engage with oral tradition and also record and preserve unwritten stories.
The workshop will overview methods and techniques an oral historian can use, including how to organise a project, prepare and manage interviews, read critically, evaluate sources and manage a project. We will analyze all the stages of a successful project and step by step we will focus on key elements. Interviewing techniques, essential equipment and necessary software, work preservation and dissemination are only some of the aspects we will work on.
Topics will include:
- Discovering and Understanding Oral History
- Establishing Contacts and Choosing a Topic
- Preparing and Organizing a Project
- Documentation and Legal aspects
- Interviewer and Interviewee: Setting the Outline
- Questions and Ethical Aspects
- Voice and Video Recording
- Note Taking and Interview Basics
- Digital Humanities Tools
- Software and Equipment
- Transcription, Indexing and Citing Oral History
- Preserving and Protecting Material
- Dissemination your Project- Blogging and Sharing
- Oral History in Scholarly Projects- Dos and Don’ts
- Oral History in Education & its Role in Memory Preservation
The workshop will be divided into sessions with breaks for tea, coffee and snacks. All the participants who will attend the workshop will receive certificates.
The workshop is designed and led by Dr. Konstantinos D. Karatzas.
In order to book a place, please fill in the Workshop booking form and send it by 1 April, 2019 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Registration fee – 65 GBP
Venue: London Centre for Interdisciplinary Research
Веб-сайт конференции: http://www.lcir.co.uk/oral-history-workshop/
Конференции по теме - с близкими дедлайнами:
Вторая международная научная конференция "Деньги в российской истории. Вопросы производства, обращения, бытования"Прием тезисов до 01.05.19, Санкт-Петербург
International Conference On Local Wisdom (INCOLWIS) 2018 Прием тезисов до 09.05.19, Yogyakarta
2019 3rd International Conference on Culture and History (ICCH 2019)Прием тезисов до 10.05.19, Budapest