Kant and Contemporary Epistemology
Тезисы до: 01.03.2019
Даты: 29.05.19 — 31.05.19
Область наук: Философские;
Е-мейл Оргкомитета: email@example.com
Организаторы: CONCEPT, Universität zu Köln/University of Cologne
The aim of the workshop is to foster the dialogue and exchange between Kant Studies and Contemporary Analytic Philosophy. We thus invite submission from both Kant scholars interested in methods and questions in contemporary epistemology, and contemporary epistemologists with an broad interest in Kant’s philosophical contributions.
Research topics include, but are not limited to :
• How do Transcendental Arguments operate? Are they purely epistemic? Are they useful to/ in Contemporary Epistemology?
• How can Kant's theory of Belief, Opinion, Knowledge, et cetera be used in Contemporary Epistemology?
• Can Kant's refection on Knowledge and Cognition be fruitful in a contemporary context, i.e. if we bracket Kant's transcendental Idealism?
• Do Kant's proofs of the existence of the external world provide interesting methods for Contemporary Epistemology? Are they suspicious from the eyes of Contemporary Epistemology?
• Which merits does transcendental idealism have from the perspective of Contemporary Epistemology?
• Would Kant have had the (implicit) resources to deal with Gettier-like cases? Do such cases constitute a problem from the perspective of a transcendental idealist?
Веб-сайт конференции: https://philevents.org/event/show/68802