The Southwest Education Council for Journalism and Mass Communication (SWECJMC) Symposium 2019
Город: New Orleans
Тезисы до: 01.06.2019
Даты: 04.10.19 — 05.10.19
Область наук: Социологические;
Е-мейл Оргкомитета: email@example.com
Организаторы: The Southwest Education Council for Journalism and Mass Communication (SWECJMC); Xavier University of Louisiana
The Southwest Education Council for Journalism and Mass Communication (SWECJMC) cordially invites you to submit a paper in research, project, or theoretical/conceptual format to be considered for presentation at the 2019 Southwest Symposium to be held at the Xavier University of Louisiana in New Orleans, La., on October 4-5, 2019. The Council is also accepting pedagogy posters.
Papers (1,000-5,000 word count) must be received by 11:59 p.m. Central time on Saturday, June 1, 2019. Peer reviews will then be conducted and completed by Monday, July 15, 2019. Faculty and graduate students are invited to submit papers on any topic related to journalism and mass communication. To encourage graduate student scholarship, this year we will award the top graduate student paper. All scholarly methodologies are welcome. Authors whose papers are accepted will be invited to present at the 2019 conference. All papers will be refereed and top paper authors will be honored with special awards. The top six papers selected for presentation are eligible for publication in the Southwestern Mass Communication Journal without additional review. Research articles will be more competitive than essays.
Additional Requirements for Papers
Submissions are restricted to faculty members and graduate students of academic institutions in Arizona, Arkansas, Colorado, Kansas, Louisiana, Nevada, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Texas, Utah and Wyoming.
- Co-authors from schools in other states are acceptable.
- Accepted papers must be presented at the symposium by the author or co-author. All paper presenters MUST pre-register. Presenters who fail to PRE-REGISTER will be removed from the program.
- Authors’ names, academic institutions, addresses, phone numbers and e-mail addresses will be entered into our online system. Please do NOT include a title page on your manuscript.
- Manuscripts must be prepared for blind review. Do NOT include any identifying marks in the document you upload for submission. Manuscripts with identifying marks will be rejected immediately.
- Authors are strongly urged to observe the publication guidelines of the Southwestern Mass Communication Journal with regard to length. Preferred length is 1,000 to 5,000 words. However, no manuscript (including tables, graphs, figures and citations) should exceed 25 pages. Articles selected from the fall conference for the Conference Edition of the journal must be made to conform to this length requirement during final modifications before they can be published. Typically, no more than five tables will be published in a single manuscript. The journal requires adherence to APA 6th edition guidelines.
- Concurrent submission of papers to more than one conference and/or for publication is considered unprofessional. Papers submitted for consideration should not be submitted elsewhere until after the conference ends or the authors must withdraw the submission from other considerations if the paper is selected for presentation.
- Papers selected from institutions not currently members of SWECJMC may be presented; however, nonmember authors will be required to pay an additional $10 upon registration. (Encourage your institution to become a member if it is not already.)
Веб-сайт конференции: http://swecjmc.wp.txstate.edu/symposium/