Drawing and Performance: Creating Scenography International Conference
Тезисы до: 30.09.2019
Даты: 26.03.20 — 28.03.20
Е-мейл Оргкомитета: firstname.lastname@example.org
Организаторы: Institute of Ethnomusicology – Center for Studies in Music and Dance
Scenographers use drawing as an expressive and communication tool in rehearsal and in performance. They use it as a record of a thought process and an instrument for reflection. Drawing allows discussion and error and serves as a register of the creative process for all involved.
This conference aims at reflecting upon the artistic and pragmatic relationship scenographers, directors and choreographers have with drawing as a device for the creation of space and time of performance and as mediator between the bodies of performers on stage and the drawer’s page.
In addition, it will look at the creative process of the scenographic through the study of the relationship between the gestuality of the drawer and that of the performer generating space. Considering this dialogue can further advance definitions of scenographic practice.
We welcome submissions on any of the following subjects:
– creative processes of scenography in theatre, dance, music and musical theatre;
– drawing for scenography;
– drawing as scenography;
– drawing as performance;
– drawing and body in motion;
– performer’s gesture versus drawer’s gesture;
– definitions of sceno-graphy and of the sceno-graphic;
– drawing as a collective collaborative method of scenographic creation;
– drawing as a communication instrument of scenographic creation;
– drawing in response to performance;
– incidents and absences in drawing;
– shared drawings;
– questions of drawing in pedagogy of scenography;
– digital and mediated drawing in theatre, dance, music and musical thetare.