A New Frontier - 2020 Intermountain Graduate Student Conference
Тезисы до: 17.01.2020
Даты: 13.03.20 — 14.03.20
Е-мейл Оргкомитета: firstname.lastname@example.org
Организаторы: English Graduate Student Association - Idaho State University
Условия участия и жилье: The conference is free and open to the public.
e are pleased to announce the 2020 Intermountain Graduate Conference. This year we are seeking a variety of papers around the theme “A New Frontier,” interpreted and explored broadly across topics and perspectives. We acknowledge that the term “frontier” has problematic connotations, the history of conquest associated with the term and the infringement upon peoples and species which already inhabited the “unexplored” or “uninhabited” areas is a major issue. Therefore, we propose to look at the frontier more as the exploration and pushing of the self-imposed/societal boundaries which currently exist. The concept of the frontier appears throughout human history, from the Age of Discovery to the exploration of space and beyond.
Various approaches to our theme mightinclude:
- Historical, artistic, or scientific methods to explore the concept of the frontier
- Unique intersections between genres or disciplines
- Representations of new frontiers in gender, racial, and cultural studies
- Pedagogies that promote ways of teaching about frontiers (both old and new)
- Attempts to broaden our understanding of new frontiers
- Engages in new ways to explore rhetoric and composition theories, or new ways of teaching these types of courses