Symposium on Methods for Evaluation of medical prediction Models, Tests And Biomarkers - MEMTAB2020
Тезисы до: 20.01.2020
Даты: 02.07.20 — 03.07.20
Е-мейл Оргкомитета: firstname.lastname@example.org
Diagnostic testing forms the backbone of a large proportion of primary healthcare, informing decisions about treatment, specialty referral and hospital admission. Over the past few decades, diagnostic technologies have become cheaper, smaller, and in some cases more accurate. A wide range and growing number of point-of-care tests which provide rapid ‘on site’ results are now available. These may have potential to improve outcomes in primary care by optimising prescribing decisions, reducing referrals, improving efficiency of care and decreasing costs.
Establishing a clinical need is a vital step in technology development, making successful adoption more likely. Evaluation of these tests in primary care should be prioritised to allow appropriate use of healthcare resources.
Overview of conference themes:
- How to develop and apply prediction models and diagnostic tests
- High-dimensional data and genetic prediction
- Machine learning for evaluation of diagnostic tests, markers and prediction models
- Impact studies for diagnostic tests, markers and prediction models (including low resource settings)
- Systematic review and meta-analysis (including individual participant data)
- Big data, electronic health records, dynamic prediction
- How to quantify overdiagnosis
Веб-сайт конференции: https://www.epi-centre.be/memtab2020/abstract-submission