Pedagogical Approaches to Laboratory Phonology 2020 Workshop
Тезисы до: 01.02.2020
Даты: 09.07.20 — 09.07.20
Е-мейл Оргкомитета: firstname.lastname@example.org
Организаторы: International Committee
The purpose of this workshop is to create a forum to exchange ideas, tools, and techniques in teaching Laboratory Phonology. The workshop is being help as a satellite event of LabPhon17 and will feature invited speaker Mary Beckman, Professor Emeritus of Linguistics, Ohio State University.
Some of the questions we aim to address include:
- What role does laboratory phonology have in the undergraduate/graduate curriculum?
- Is it possible to design a course in laboratory phonology that does not have a more “traditional” phonology and/or phonetics course(s) as pre-requisite(s)?
- What technical / computational / statistical issues arise?
- Alternatively, does a laboratory phonology approach lend itself more to a topic-driven course in which a particular research question is investigated, or a more traditional phonology course that surveys one or more phonological frameworks?
- What do sample activities/assignments/syllabi centered on a particular topic within laboratory phonology look like, and how might they be improved based on current research in pedagogy?
Our goal is for this workshop to initiate a conversation amongst researchers and instructors about pedagogical challenges, approaches, and resources that arise in bringing laboratory phonology into the classroom.
This workshop is being organized by Christina Bjorndahl (Carnegie Mellon University), Mark Gibson (Universidad de Navarra) and Jonathan Howell (Montclair State University).
Веб-сайт конференции: https://sites.google.com/view/labphon2020pedagogy/home