Explaining Philosophy 2020 Conference
Тезисы до: 01.02.2020
Даты: 22.05.20 — 24.05.20
Область наук: Философские;
Е-мейл Оргкомитета: ExplainingPhilosophy@gmail.com
Организаторы: School of Philosophy, Wuhan University
Wuhan University's School of Philosophy is pleased to announce the call for papers for "Explaining Philosophy 2020". This conference is the second annual conference of the International Conference Series on Explanation. The conference will be held at Wuhan University from 22--24 May 2020.
This conference will examine the concept of explanation and the role that explanation plays in philosophy and its sub-disciplines. Our primary goal is to provide a venue where different perspectives can come together. In so doing, we seek to make progress toward unifying the disparate literatures as they currently stand in the philosophical sub-disciplines. At a minimum, we aim to expose conference participants to new ways of thinking about explanation. More ambitiously, we hope to achieve real philosophical advances through a cross-sub-disciplinary investigation of explanation.
We seek to invite presenters whose work addresses the importance of explanation. Possible topics include:
- What is the relationship between causal explanations and non-causal explanations?
- What is the relationship between explanations and reasons, particularly normative reasons?
- What role, if any, does explanation play in mathematics and the philosophy of mathematics?
- How do natural facts explain normative facts?
- Are philosophical accounts of explanation adequate for scientific inquiry?
- What does it take for an explanation to be the best explanation of some relevant data?
- Why would an explanation's "being best" confer on it a positive epistemic status?
- Is explanation a "mongrel" concept with no clear unification?
Веб-сайт конференции: https://philevents.org/event/show/78746