Kinds of Intelligence 3: Cognitive Science Beyond the Human
Тезисы до: 15.04.2020
Даты: 22.06.20 — 25.06.20
Е-мейл Оргкомитета: firstname.lastname@example.org
Организаторы: Leverhulme Centre for the Future of Intelligence, University of Cambridge
This will be the third Kinds of Intelligence conference, with previous speakers including Margaret Boden, Peter Godfrey-Smith, and Daniel Dennett. The goal of the event is to bring together researchers from across cognitive science to address questions concerning the structure, function, and nature of cognition and mentality, with a particular emphasis on artificial and non-human biological intelligence. Examples of questions relevant to the conference include the following:
• What is intelligence? How can we quantify or otherwise classify diverse forms of intelligence?
• What can artificial intelligence researchers learn from their colleagues in philosophy, psychology, and biology about building smarter machines?
• What approaches or conceptual schemata should be employed to determine whether an animal or AI is conscious?
• How can we move towards more robust interdisciplinary approaches for determining the presence of capacities like emotion, theory of mind, and causal understanding in non-human systems?
• What useful applications are there for frameworks from philosophy of science for comparative cognition and machine learning?
• What special ethical issues arise in relation to our dealings with non-human intelligences?
If you are interested in submitting an abstract, please take careful note of the following.
Веб-сайт конференции: http://www.kindsofintelligence.com/