IVA'20: ACM International Conference on Intelligent Virtual Agents
Тезисы до: 10.05.2020
Даты: 09.09.20 — 12.09.20
Область наук: Технические;
Е-мейл Оргкомитета: firstname.lastname@example.org
Организаторы: University of Glasgow
Intelligent Virtual Agents (IVA) Annual Conference is the premier international event for interdisciplinary research on the design, application, and evaluation of Intelligent Virtual Agents (IVAs) with a specific focus on the ability to socially interact.
*** IVA 2020 will be the 20th Annual Conference. It will be held in Glasgow, Scotland, 9- 12th September 2020. ***
IVAs are interactive characters that exhibit human-like qualities including communicating using natural human modalities such as facial expressions, speech and gesture. IVAs are also capable of real-time perception, cognition, emotion and action that allows them to participate in dynamic social situations.
IVA 2020 aims to showcase cutting-edge research on the design, application, and evaluation of IVAs, as well as the basic research underlying the technology that supports human-agent interaction such as social perception, dialog modeling, and social behavior planning. We also welcome submissions on central theoretical issues, uses of virtual agents in psychological research and showcases of working applications.
IVA 2020 offers two submission tracks: Papers (8 pages, including references) and Extended Abstracts (3 pages, including references).
All submissions will be double-blind peer-reviewed by external expert reviewers. All accepted submissions will be published in the proceedings. Accepted full papers will be presented as a talk. Select rejected Full Papers may be invited for re-submission as extended abstracts for a second review phase. Accepted extended abstracts will be presented as a talk or a poster, depending on the outcome of the review process.
SCOPE AND LIST OF TOPICS
IVA invites submissions on a broad range of topics, including but not limited to:
Agent design and modeling of:
- Emotion (including personality and cultural differences)
- Socially communicative behavior (e.g., of emotions, personality traits)
- Conversational behavior
- Social perception
- Machine learning approaches to agent modeling
- Approaches to realizing adaptive behavior
- Models informed by theoretical and empirical research from psychology
- Verbal and nonverbal behavior coordination
- Face-to-face communication skills
- Managing co-presence and interpersonal relation
- Multi-party interaction
- Data driven multimodal modeling
Social agent architectures:
- Design criteria and design methodologies
- Engineering of real-time human-agent interaction
- Standards / measures to support interoperability
- Portability and reuse
- Specialized tools, toolkits and tool chains
Evaluation methods and studies:
- Evaluation methodologies and user studies
- Ethical considerations and societal impact
- Applicable lessons across fields (e.g. between robotics and virtual agents)
- Social agents as a means to study and model human behavior
- Applications in education, skills training, health, counseling, games, art, etc.
- Virtual agents in games and simulations
- Social agents as tools in psychology
- Migration between platforms
Веб-сайт конференции: https://iva2020.psy.gla.ac.uk/
Конференции по теме - с близкими дедлайнами:
ХI Международная конференция «Инновации и закономерность развития технических и естественных наук»Прием тезисов до 19.06.20, Ванкувер
Европейское научное обозрение. Выпуск №5-6/2020Прием тезисов до 30.06.20, Вена