Written on the Body: Narrative (Re)constructions of Violence(s) 2020 second symposium of the Study Circle Narrative and Violence (2020–2022).
Город: Rønningen Folkehøgskole
Тезисы до: 01.05.2020
Даты: 26.07.20 — 02.08.20
Е-мейл Оргкомитета: email@example.com
Организаторы: Study Circle Narrative and Violence
We invite contributions exploring various practices of storying violence on bodies, and attending to ‘the wounds of the world’. Suggested themes relate to narratives addressing human and nonhuman bodies, within non-digital and digital realities, fictional or factual, and their multiple intersections. They include but are not limited to:
- Self-inflicted violence (e.g. self-harm, eating disorders, suicide, etc.)
- Other-directed violence (abuse, harassment, murder, genocide, etc.)
- Technological representations/forms of bodily violence (e.g. social media, videogames, drones, etc.)
- Aesthetic representations of bodily violence (e.g. art, literature, film, etc.)
- (Neo)colonial labour and slavery
- Appropriation of indigenous knowledge
- Environmental violence and its effects on communities (e.g. natural catastrophes and their aftermaths, exploitation of indigenous/ancestral lands, etc.)
- Entanglements of misogynist and anti-ecological violence
- Micro- and macro-political violences
- Governmental policing and rationalization of (public) spaces
- Reconstructions of war-crimes (e.g. forensic architecture)
- The effects of field-work violence: researchers, practitioners, activists, NGOs workers
The framework of the Study Circle is intersectional and open to multiple approaches and methodologies in humanities, social sciences and from the practicing field. The overarching intention of our three-year Study Circle is to contribute in particular to the fields of digital and environmental violence.
We welcome proposals for presentations, workshops, performances, projects and screenings. We encourage participants to craft their contributions in the format that they find most productive. Regular academic presentations should be 20 minutes, whereas for other presentation types, we kindly ask you to specify the required time and equipment.