9th Workshop on Inelastic Neutron Spectrometers ( QENS/WINS) 2021
Тезисы до: 23.04.2021
Даты: 17.05.21 — 21.05.21
Область наук: Физико-математические;
Е-мейл Оргкомитета: email@example.com
The next joint celebration QENS/WINS will constitute the 14th Edition of the QENS series and the 9th of the WINS workshops. Due to COVID, we will celebrate an online version of QENS/WINS during 17-21 May 2021 (QENS/WINS2021). A face-to-face Conference (QENS/WINS2022) will take place in San Sebastian, 23-27 May 2022.
QENS/WINS 2021 will span over the five days 17-21 May 2021. From 14:00h to 16:30h Central European Summer Time, Keynote and Invited talks will be offered, as well as a 30-minutes ‘coffee break’, that will allow communication among all the participants. The talks will be recorded and will be available the day after to all the interested attendants. In a ‘moodle’, all information about the Conference will be available. Forums will be open where participants can pose / answer questions and exchange ideas throughout the meeting. In addition to the invited talks, poster-like presentations (including the possibility of videos and other complementary information) will be accessible for all attendants along the 5 days.
Following the spirit of QENS Conferences since 1992, the main purpose of QENS is to cover the broad spectrum of scientific activities related with the investigation of material dynamics using quasi-elastic neutron scattering techniques (accessing both, frequency and time domains). QENS will offer a platform for discussion and exchange of scientific ideas among the experts in this field, and a general overview to newcomers about the capabilities of QENS in exploring atomic and molecular motions and relaxation processes of novel materials. As a novelty, this QENS Edition will explore and exploit the potential synergies between different methods (including experimental techniques and simulations, but always with QENS in the spotlight), in order to face diverse scientific challenges emerging in different research fields.
The following scientific topics will be covered:
- Dynamics of liquids in different environments and under confinement
- Dynamics of polymers in bulk, blends, gels, membranes, films, composites etc. at different length scales
- Function/dynamics relation in biological and bio-related systems
- Role of dynamics in systems of medical relevance
- Transport mechanisms in energy-related materials
- Dynamical processes in soft matter, including liquid crystals, self-assembled materials, colloids, etc.
- Dynamics of novel materials for industrial applications
- Relaxation phenomena involved in the glass transition
- Lattice dynamics and Spin dynamics of magnetic systems
Complementarity with the following methods will be explored:
- Spectroscopic and relaxation techniques like e. g., dielectric spectroscopy, NMR, rheology, calorimetry, etc
- Other scattering techniques providing dynamic and/or complementary structural information, like e. g., dynamic light scattering, Brillouin scattering, X-ray photon correlation spectroscopy, diffraction, small angle scattering…
Simulations and Theory:
- Molecular Dynamics Simulations, including fully atomistic and coarse-grained models
- Monte-Carlo simulations
- DFT, Analytical methods, …
Веб-сайт конференции: http://qens-wins2020.dipc.org/