"Practical Religion" - 2015 Society of Christian Philosophers (Midwest Regional Conference)
Е-мейл Оргкомітету: firstname.lastname@example.org
Організатори: Spring Hill College and University of South Alabama
While much of the current academic scholarship is focused on religious belief, religion is also fundamentally practical. For Christians, it involves one’s relationship with God; and as Fr. Pedro Arrupe, S.J., once said, “nothing is more practical than finding God, than falling in Love in a quite absolute, final way.” This thought raises many questions, among them:
· What are religious practices?
· What is the significance of these practices?
· What is the nature and significance of specific aspects of religious practices: forgiveness, worship, meditation, mission, faith, hope, and love?
· How does a plurality of religious practices affect any different religious practices?
We invite submissions exploring any topic of interest to Christian philosophers, but those dealing explicitly with the conference theme may be given preference. The conference organizers intend to bring together a wide range of topics and ideas with the hope of fostering a rich and broad discussion among those interested in Christianity and philosophy. We welcome participation from both Christians and non-Christian philosophers as presenters and participants.
· Lara Buchak (UC Berkeley),
· Meghan Sullivan (Notre Dame)
· Trent Dougherty (Baylor University)
Papers (no more than 3000 words) are due by December 20, 2014. Please include professional contact information and an abstract with your paper.
Веб-сторінка конференції: http://www.societyofchristianphilosophers.com/?p=936