Interactional Competences and Practices in a Second Language
Тези до: 15.05.2016
Дати: 18.01.17 — 20.01.17
Область наук: Філологічні;
Е-мейл Оргкомітету: firstname.lastname@example.org
Організатори: University of Neuchâtel Center of applied linguistics
Under the heading 'L2 interactional competences and practices in a second language' (ICOP-L2), this conference brings together researchers from various horizons (e.g. linguistics, education, sociology) who investigate how people engage in second language talk-in-interaction: What are the basic ingredients of L2 interactional competence? How does such competence vary across situations and over time? How do L2 speakers use the linguistic resources at their disposal to accomplish social actions in coordination with others? How do linguistic and other resources (gaze, gesture, posture) work together in L2 talk? How does social interaction structure learning processes and learning products? How can L2 interactional competence and learning through interaction be addressed in educational contexts? These are among the questions that will be tackled during the conference.
The conference papers and panels will be organized in three thematic strands:
- L2 talk-in-interaction: This strand is concerned with describing the practices of L2 talk and with the (multi)semiotic resources speakers mobilize to accomplish these practices, without necessarily addressing issues of learning.
- Learning-in-interaction: This strand comprises research on learning processes, activities and opportunities in social interaction in a variety of settings, including both the language classroom and learning 'in the wild'.
- L2 interactional competence: This strand includes studies investigating the development of interactional competence over time as well as contributions addressing challenges for the assessment and the teaching of interactional competence.
- Joan Kelly Hall, Penn State University, USA
- Søren Eskildsen, University of Southern Denmark, DK
- John Hellermann, Portland State University, USA
- Spencer Hazel, Nottingham University, UK
An invited symposium, organized by Tim Greer (Kobe University, Japan), addresses current trends in research on L2 talk-in-interaction.
Pre-conference workshops (18 January 2017)
Three pre-conference workshops, addressed specifically (but not exclusively) to young researchers, provide hands-on training on methodological aspects of the analysis of L2 competences and practices in naturally-occurring data. Registration will be on a first-come-first-served basis.
- Johannes Wagner, University of Southern Denmark, DK: Designing longitudinal research on interactional competence
- Evelyne Berger, University of Helsinki, FI: Building collections
- Adam Brandt, Newcastle University, UK, and Olcay Sert, Hacettepe University, TR: Conducting comparative research on L2 interactions
Веб-сторінка конференції: http://www2.unine.ch/islc/icop_l2
Конференції по темі - із близькими дедлайнами:
VII Международный конгресс по социальным и гуманитарным наукам: "Создавая академические связи"Тези приймаються до 01.10.20, Вена
Европейский журнал литературоведения и лингвистики. Номер 4/2020Тези приймаються до 30.10.20, Вена
VII Международный симпозиум «Гуманитарные и общественные науки в Европе: достижения и перспективы»IТези приймаються до 24.01.21, Вена