Conference and Exhibition on Biometrics
Тези до: 11.08.2017
Дати: 28.09.17 — 29.09.17
Е-мейл Оргкомітету: firstname.lastname@example.org
Організатори: European Agency for the Operational Management of Large-Scale IT Systems (eu-LISA), the European Association for Biometrics (EAB), the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) and the Biometrics Institute
The objective of the conference is to provide a platform for international dialogue on the feasibility and potential impact of ‘on the move technology’ for border control with a view to enhancing security and facilitating travel at the borders. Biometrics on the move is understood as the acquisition of data (more in particular biometrics) at a distance for the purpose of identity verification of a traveller.
More specifically, the conference will focus among other topics on:
- Legal framework and vision for the future;
- End users’ needs and challenges;
- Risk management and vulnerabilities;
- State-of-the-art technology and pilots;
- Research, development and innovations;
- Way ahead.
The conference will also include an academic session. We therefore invite academic researchers and technology providers as well as consultants to submit an extended abstract of original work on research, innovations and future concepts in the field of biometrics on the move technology.
A paper can be presented orally or as a poster to be displayed within the conference exhibition.
Topics of interest
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- Innovative and future concepts for border control
- Identity management and authentication on the move
- On-the-move technology and its impact on the future of border control
- Vulnerabilities and risk management
- Biometrics on the move and performance assessment
- Integration of information systems
- Data protection, societal aspects and user perception
- Technology, innovations and development
- Technology roadmap and implementation strategies