Contact and Contaminations in the History of English(es)
Тези до: 30.09.2017
Дати: 15.03.18 — 17.03.18
Область наук: Історичні та археологія;
Е-мейл Оргкомітету: Gabriella.Mazzon@uibk.ac.at
Організатори: Leopold-Franzens Universität in Innsbruck
The 18th SLIN Conference, marking the 30th anniversary of the constitution of the group and of its first conference, will take place on March 15th- 17th 2018 at the Leopold-Franzens Universität in Innsbruck, Austria. The conference will take place in the historical rooms of the seventeenth-century “Palais Claudiana”, named after Claudia de’ Medici: you can have a preview at https://www.uibk.ac.at/public-relations/... . More information will be on the conference website, which will be announced shortly.
The conference fee, including conference materials and coffee breaks, is set at € 120.00. Information about travelling, accommodation options and social programme will be circulated in the summer.
The theme of the conference is 'Contact and Contaminations in the History of English(es).'
Papers (20 mins + 10 mins discussion) are invited on the conference theme. Please note that the chronological scope of the papers ranges between Old English and Late Modern English, i.e. until 1900 at the latest. Possible focus areas include:
- Language coexistence in diachrony: direct and indirect influences on spelling, phonology, morphology, syntax, vocabulary and pragmatics
- Contact factors in the birth of (“new”) varieties
- Borrowing and its impact on the English language
- The impact of translation on developments in written varieties
- The impact of multilingual practices on (especially medieval) text-production
- The interplay between socially- and/or geographically-marked varieties / the impact of different languages and varieties on processes of standardization
- Influences from other languages on views of English and linguistic meta-discourse
Веб-сторінка конференції: http://linguistlist.org/callconf/browse-conf-action.cfm?ConfID=273396