Jaspers in a Global Context
Тези до: 10.09.2017
Дати: 13.08.17 — 20.08.17
Е-мейл Оргкомітету: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Організатори: Karl Jaspers Society of North America
The Congress will include sessions to the theme, Jaspers in a Global Context. The purpose of these sessions is to discover possibilities in Karl Jaspers' work for thinking about such philosophies, histories, and cultures that emerged in different periods and locations as well as to reflect on their interrelationship, and to provide a forum for international Jaspers Societies and individual Jaspers scholars to contribute to the World Congress.
The following presentation topics are particularly welcome:
* Intercultural Communication—intercultural comparisons and productive engagements between East and West, world philosophy, the unity of humanity as opposed to totalitarian thinking
* The Atomic Bomb and World Peace—the challenges of the nuclear age and philosophical justifications for pacifism
* Transcendence and Immanence—the influence of transcendence and immanence on the practice of cultural criticism, human existence and transcendence, the relationship between conceptions of transcendence and universalistic conceptions of morality
* Perspectives on Asian Philosophy and Asian Influences on Jaspers—the interpretation of themes in Confucius, the Buddha, Laozi, or Nagarjuna from perspectives informed by existential philosophy as well as the influence of Asian philosophers on Jaspers thought
* Concepts of Self and Humanity—Jaspers' view of self and humanity in comparison and contrast with East Asian views of self and humanity, the relationship between self, humanity and the cosmos
* Guilt and Responsibility—existential and historical guilt in different cultural contexts, guilt versus shame cultures, responsibilities derived from guilt, guilt and conscience
Веб-сторінка конференції: http://www.karljaspers.us/papercall.html