POLAR2018's Open Science Conference
Тези до: 01.11.2017
Дати: 15.06.18 — 21.06.18
Е-мейл Оргкомітету: email@example.com
Організатори: Swiss Federal Institute for Forest, Snow and Landscape Research WSL
POLAR2018 is a joint event of the Scientific Committee on Antarctic Research SCAR and the International Arctic Science Committee IASC and will take place in Davos, Switzerland from 15 - 27 June 2018. It includes the XXXV SCAR Biennial Meetings, the Arctic Science Summit Week 2018 and the joint SCAR and IASC Open Science Conference.
The organizers of POLAR2018 are now accepting session proposals for the joint SCAR and IASC Open Science Conference “Where the Poles meet“ which will be held on 19 - 23 June 2018.
A template to submit session proposals, including a brief session description, the contact information of the session conveners and other session details, is available on . We are looking for sessions that cover a broad range of topics across the spectrum of Polar and high altitude research, such as, but not limited to, climate, glaciology, social and human sciences, ice sheets, atmospheric sciences, oceanography, biology, astronomy, geology, economic aspects, sustainable development, technology and education. There will be oral and poster sessions as well as further session formats.
* The organizing committee strongly encourages session topics that encapsulate research conducted in both the Arctic and Antarctic.
* We also encourage including early career scientists as conveners and encourage diversity regarding conveners’ nationalities, gender, and where possible, indigenous peoples.
The tasks of the conveners include:
• Soliciting submissions for their session;
• reviewing the abstracts submitted for the session;
• working with the International Scientific Organizing Committee to arrange the program of their session, including oral and poster presentations and
• chairing the session.
Веб-сторінка конференції: www.polar2018.org