Eleventh Congress of the International Development Ethics Association
Тези до: 01.12.2017
Дати: 25.06.18 — 27.06.18
Е-мейл Оргкомітету: firstname.lastname@example.org
Організатори: International Development Ethics Association and Groupe de Recherche en Économie Théorique et Appliquée
The conference theme “A World United: Allies in Development” was chosen with the hope of inspiring thoughtful conversations about the important relationships that can both frustrate and facilitate development. Although we are primarily concerned with questions of personal relationships in which individuals and groups of people ally themselves with one another to bring about ethical development, this theme is also meant to capture alliances at every level of development, including alliances between and across nation states, corporations, multinational groups, NGOs, etc. Thus, we are interested in considerations on the following dimensions of the theme as they apply to ethical development:
- Foundational issues of alliances: What does it mean to be allied with another? What makes for a good ally? How might we respond to harmful alliances? Does privilege itself create a particular responsibility to ally with those less privileged?
- Alliances within and across social categories and identities, including religion, gender, race, ability, economic status, caste, tribe, etc.
- Alliances within and across professional roles including aid workers and stakeholders, agricultural economists and farmers, health care providers and patients, scholars and practitioners, political leaders and citizens, corporations and consumers, shareholders and stakeholders, etc.
- Allies across borders: private citizens, refugees, immigrants, trade agreements, issues of fair trade, development aid, and international political agreements such as the Paris Accord on Climate Change, etc.
- Allies beyond humanity: allies with non-human animals, allies with the environment, etc.
Presentations should examine these issues from diverse theoretical and conceptual perspectives including philosophical argument, empirical analysis, examinations of policy, and action strategies. The conference will engage scholars and practitioners from around the world and from a wide variety of disciplines and activities (including philosophy and other humanities, social sciences, policy studies, development, social work, NGOs, local and global agencies and organizations, government officials and policy makers). IDEA particularly welcomes submissions from scholars and practitioners in the global south.
Веб-сторінка конференції: https://developmentethics.org/2018conference/