Scientific conference on Yiddish in Czernowitz: August 6-10, 2018
Тези до: 20.05.2018
Дати: 06.08.18 — 10.08.18
Область наук: Філологічні;
Е-мейл Оргкомітету: email@example.com
Організатори: Prof. W. Moskowich, Dr. M. Yushkovsky, L. Finberg
The international conference on the Yiddish language and culture will be held in Czernowitz (Chernivtsi, Ukraine) from 6 to 10 August 2018.
The event is due to take place in the same city, where the historic Czernowitz Yiddish Language Conference was held in 1908.
The forthcoming conference is being organized by:
- the Hebrew University in Jerusalem;
- the International Yiddish Center at the World Jewish Congress;
- the Center for the Study of Culture and History of Eastern European Jewry at the National University "Kyiv-Mohyla Academy" in Kiev;
- the Yuri Fedkovitch State University in Czernowitz;
- the Czernowitz Municipality;
- the Museum of Culture and History of Bukovina Jewry.
The event is sponsored by:
- the European-Asian Jewish Congress;
- the International Yiddish Center in Vilnius at the World Jewish Congress;
- Va'ad (Federation of Jewish Communities and Organizations of Ukraine);
- the "Ukrainian-Jewish Encounter" foundation.
The conference program will include the following issues:
1. Development of Yiddish literature, theater, cinema and journalism between 1908 and 2018.
2. Trends in the development of the Yiddish language during the last century (functional styles, usage in different social strata, changes in vocabulary, phraseology, dialectology, grammatical rules, language norms and orthography).
3. Changes in the status of the Yiddish language since 1908.
4. The main centers of Yiddish study and research in the 20th century: the Soviet Union, Poland, USA, Israel. The role of the Yiddish Research Institute (YIVO).
5. Yiddish in Czernowitz after 1908. "Shul Farein". Prominent literary figures and linguists.
6. Yiddish during and after the Holocaust.
7. Yiddish and Hebrew in Israel.
8. Yiddish in Hasidic circles.
9. Yiddish language teaching: approaches, methods, and resources.
10. Yiddish and computer linguistics.
11. Yiddish as a living language in the 21st century. Yiddish and contemporary media.
12. Studies and research projects on the Yiddish language since 1908 (textbooks, reference books, grammar manuals, dictionaries, bibliography).
The working languages of the conference are Yiddish, English, Ukrainian, and Russian.
Rich cultural program is planned, including sightseeing tours inside Czernowitz and trips to former Hasidic shtetls/towns.
Participants will be provided with kosher food, if necessary.
The organizers will cover all expenses (accommodation, meals, concerts, excursions, air/train tickets) to participants whose reports will be affirmed by the organizing committee and included in the conference program.
Forward your applications, including the titles of your proposed report and their summaries/abstracts, no later than May 20, 2018 to: firstname.lastname@example.org . We will inform you about the inclusion of your report in the conference program. Has the report proposal been approved, the full text of your lecture should be sent to us by June 29, 2018.
Registration fee: $ 200. In some cases, subsidies and discounts are possible.
All materials of the conference will be published
Веб-сторінка конференції: http://www.yiddishcenter.org/en/news/czernowitz-conference
Конференції по темі - із близькими дедлайнами:
Конференция «Богословие Достоевского»Тези приймаються до 20.01.19, Москва
Hradec Králové Anglophone Conference 2019 Тези приймаються до 20.01.19, Hradec Králové
III Международная научно-практическая конференция «Современные направления в лингвистике и преподавании языков: проблема метода»Тези приймаються до 20.01.19, Пенза