Psychoanalysis in Our Time 2018 – Psychoanalysis, Nationalism and Ideology
Тези до: 31.07.2018
Дати: 05.10.18 — 07.10.18
Область наук: Психологічні;
Е-мейл Оргкомітету: firstname.lastname@example.org
Організатори: Psychoanalysis in Our Time initiative
Now in its fifth year – and following the great success of sessions across Europe – the Psychoanalysis in Our Time research network is delighted to announce the call for papers for our next event, which will take place in association with the University of Gdansk, Poland from 5th to 7th October 2018. The topic for this symposium will be “Psychoanalysis, Nationalism and Ideology”.
We are very pleased to be able to say that the internationally acclaimed philosopher of the Slovenian School, Prof. Alenka Zupančič will be our keynote for this event.
This research initiative funded by the Nordic Council of Ministers and supported by the British Association of Film, Television and Screen Studies aims to initiate and develop trans-disciplinary conversations. We believe in deep and ardent discussions in sessions and over meals and wine – which will be flowing freely. We have published a first edited collection stemming from meetings in Copenhagen and Tallinn, entitled Psychoanalysis and The Unrepresentable: from Culture to the Clinic (Routledge, 2016), and are currently working on a second collection, Psychoanalysis and Femininity, due for publication with Routledge next year.
The registration fee is £145, or £75 for students. There will be a possibility of a reduced fee for local participants. We will be working in a relatively small group and lunches and coffees will be provided, as well one dinner with wine as part of the registration fee. There will be no parallel sessions.
Please send an abstract (max. 300 words) and a short biographical statement to the coordinators: Agnieszka Piotrowska (agnieszka.piotrowska_AT_beds.ac.uk), Ben Tyrer (ben.tyrer_AT_kcl.ac.uk) and Charlotta Lund (lund.charlotta_AT_gmail.com).
The deadline for submission is 31st July 2018.
We welcome submissions for 20-minute presentations from artists, academics and clinicians, and would invite different approaches to this subject through films, performances or creative writings from, for example, historians, film and literature scholars, or natural scientists with an interest in psychoanalysis.
Possible topics could include (but are not limited to):
- A move to the right? Current trends in Poland and in the world vis-à-vis the notion of interpellation
- Cinema, ideology, spectatorship – new trends in film theory
- Fake news, social media and ideology
- Television drama, ideology and interpellation
- Freud and group psychology: ego, libido and the “mass”
- Psychoanalysis and fascism (e.g. Wilhelm Reich – The Mass Psychology of Fascism)
- Freudo-Marxism and the Frankfurt School (Marcuse, Fromm)
- Lacan and Marx / “How Marx invented the symptom”
- The Slovenian School and contemporary ideology critique (Žižek, Dolar, Zupančič)
- Lacan and the political Left/the Essex School (Laclau and Mouffe, Stavrakakis, Glynos)
- Psychoanalysis and Historical Materialism (Raymond Williams, Frederic Jameson)
- Marxism, Maoism and psychoanalysis in Paris (Althusser, Badiou)
- Ideology, interpassivity and belief (Robert Pfaller)
- Psychoanalysis and Neoliberalism (Todd McGowan, Paul Verhaeghe, Mark Fisher)
- Colonialism, anti-colonialism and ideology through psychoanalysis (Fanon, Octave Mannoni)
- Intersectionality and ideology in cinema and culture – new ideas
- Ideological critique of psychoanalysis (Foucault, Deleuze and Guattari)
We look forward to receiving your proposals. As always we aim to be outrageous but scholarly and rigorous. We welcome psychoanalytically-inspired performance pieces too.
Конференції по темі - із близькими дедлайнами:
Европейский журнал образования и прикладной психологии. Номер 3/2020Тези приймаються до 30.07.20, Вена