Migration and the European City. Social and Cultural Perspectives from Early Modernity to the Present
Тези до: 01.03.2019
Дати: 18.09.19 — 20.09.19
Е-мейл Оргкомітету: firstname.lastname@example.org
Організатори: Italian-German Historical Institute
The LXI Study Week organized by the Italian-German Historical Institute will be dedicated to interactions between migration, mobility and urban societies between c. 1400 and the present. The committee hopes to attract an interdisciplinary group of researchers from different academic backgrounds and nationalities at various career stages.
We have been fortunate to secure keynote addresses from Claus Leggewie (Giessen), Leo Lucassen (Leiden) and Susanne Rau (Erfurt). Over the three days, particular attention will be paid to the following themes:
- migration flows
- mobility and urban change
- transit cities
- socio-economic implications
- questions of local / (trans-)national identities
- mechanics and infrastructures of reception, identification, hospitality, allocation & transport
- representations and longer-term processes of integration / exclusion
- methodological and digital approaches to migration and mobility.