The 2nd Faulkner Studies in the UK Colloquium
Тези до: 07.04.2019
Дати: 31.05.19 — 31.05.19
Е-мейл Оргкомітету: firstname.lastname@example.org
Організатори: University of London
This colloquium, the second in the history of the Faulkner Studies in the UK Research Network, invites proposals for twenty-minute papers on any topic related to American modernist author William Faulkner (1897-1962). Panel and/or roundtable proposals are also welcome. All critical approaches to Faulkner’s work are encouraged, including but not limited to the following:
- Faulkner in relation to the UK, Europe, and the World.
- The influence of European and/or Anglophone literature on Faulkner.
- Faulkner in relation/comparison to other American writers.
- Faulkner and the notion of “Southernness.”
- The presence of race, slavery, and/or the Jim Crow South in Faulkner.
- The impact of war and/or trauma on Faulkner’s characters.
- Faulkner’s representations of murder, lynching, and violence
- Faulkner’s narrative voices.
- Faulkner’s reflections on disability in his novels.
- Issues of sexuality, gender, and/or sexually deviant behaviour in Faulkner.
- Queer readings of Faulkner texts.
- Faulkner’s depictions of mental illness.
The Network is particularly interested in soliciting papers from scholars which reflect the diversity of Faulkner Studies in terms of gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, and institutional affiliation. The panel aims to include a mix of participants from across the career spectrum (from postgraduate students to full professors). All are welcome to apply.
Веб-сторінка конференції: https://call-for-papers.sas.upenn.edu/cfp/2019/01/21/the-2nd-faulkner-studies-in-the-uk-colloquium