COARCH'19: 3rd Workshop On Computing Techniques For Spatio-Temporal Data in Archaeology And Cultural Heritage
Тези до: 01.06.2019
Дати: 10.09.19 — 10.09.19
Е-мейл Оргкомітету: http://coarch19.di.univr.it/?page_id=38
Організатори: COARCH Committee
Archaeological data, and more in general cultural heritage information, are characterized by both spatial and temporal dimensions that are often related to each other and are of particular interest for supporting the interpretation process through which new knowledge can be achieved about ancient times.
For this reason, several research works proposed attempts to develop new information management techniques, some of them directly inherit from geographical information science. However, cultural heritage and archaeology still require a tailored support to:
- the collection of spatio-temporal data and their effective representation for enhancing interoperability, especially with the rise of 3D acquisition techniques that involves big data characteristics;
- the processing of raw data in order to identify artifacts and define their allocation in space and time, in relation with ontological developments;
- the reconstruction of ancient structures (buildings, walls, castle, etc.) or their temporal evolution, based on deep learning process allowing automatic reconstruction, segmentation, complex objects identification;
- the integrated access and querying of the collected data in different formats, structures, data models;
- the development of tailored representation methodologies or spatio-temporal archaeological information.
The aim of the workshop is to bring together researches of the fields of spatial information science, knowledge representation and knowledge discovery to share their research results in order to draw the new incoming challenges in terms of archaeological and cultural heritage spatial information management applications.
Веб-сторінка конференції: http://coarch19.di.univr.it/