2019 The British Association for Cancer Research Special Conference
Тези до: 03.06.2019
Дати: 09.10.19 — 11.10.19
Область наук: Медичні;
Е-мейл Оргкомітету: https://www.bacr.org.uk/site/contact/
Організатори: The British Association for Cancer Research
Breast cancer outcomes continue to improve due to increased awareness, early diagnosis and the introduction of novel therapies. However, there are challenges remaining for both clinicians and scientists, in particular in improving the outcome for patients’ triple negative and metastatic disease and in early detection. This meeting will cover the most recent developments in breast cancer research, with world-leading speakers providing a clinical and pre-clinical perspective to each topic. The programme includes new insights into the changing landscape of breast cancer therapies like the use of immunotherapy, CDK4/6 inhibitors, PARP inhibitors and how we can use new technologies like mathematical modelling and artificial intelligence to help improve patient care. There will also be a session focussed on DCIS, metabolomics and the role of the microbiome in breast cancer, as well as on how to study tumour cell dormancy and metastatic disease. In addition there will be a number of oral presentations selected from the submitted abstracts, offering junior investigators and students the opportunity to present their work to an expert audience. An evening program is focussed on the needs of early career researchers, how to involve patients in your research and how to obtain human tissue for your studies.
This meeting is a follow up to our successful 2015 meeting held at the same venue which was highly rated by the participants, and aims to bring together both clinicians and scientists with an interest in breast cancer research.
Confirmed topics and speakers:
· Immunotherapy in breast cancer – where are we?
Dr Iain McPherson, The Beatson Institute, Glasgow
· Regulation of tumour cell dormancy
Dr Cyrus Ghajar, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Centre
· Immunotherapy – use in breast cancer model systems
Prof Karin de Visser, Netherlands Cancer Institute
· The science that paved the way for PARP inhibitors
Dr Helen Bryant, University of Sheffield
· Tumour cell dormancy and breast cancer recurrence
Prof Lewis Codosh, Abramson Cancer Center, University of
· Mathematical Oncology – what it is and what it can do for you
Prof Alexander Anderson, Moffitt Cancer Centre
· Novel agents – CDK4/6 and PARP inhibitors and beyond
Prof Simak Ali, Imperial College London
· DCIS – recent developments in clinical research
Prof Elinor Sawyer, King College London
· Metabolomics – role in tumour progression and therapeutic
Prof Sarah-Maria Fendt, Leuwen Centre for Cancer Biology
· DCIS – to treat or not to treat?
Prof Jelle Wesseling – Netherlands Cancer Institute
· The microbiome in breast cancer – friend or foe?
Prof Dylan Edwards, University of East Anglia
· On the horizon - the next decade of breast cancer research
Prof Jo Morris, University of Birmingham
· Why we should invest in breast cancer prevention
Prof Gareth Evans, University of Manchester
Веб-сторінка конференції: https://www.bacr.org.uk/events/211#