International conference on sexual harassment in the workplace 2020
Тези до: 15.09.2019
Дати: 08.03.20 — 10.03.20
Е-мейл Оргкомітету: email@example.com
Організатори: The Museum of Work
In 2017 sexual harassment of women was in the news all over the world. The #Me-too movement published testimonies of sexual harassment in the workplace. Groups of women organized successfully along sectoral and occupational lines. We know that sexual harassment in the workplace is probably as old as wage work and groups of harassed workers and labor organisations have developed different strategies to end and limit this. As we often spend the largest part of our everyday lives at work safe work environments are crucial. Sexual harassment in the workplace is on the agenda, with the International Labour Organization (ILO) currently working on a convention against violence and sexual harassment. In some occupations and sectors, such as the hotel and restaurant sector or the care sector, sexual harassment has been more common than in other occupations and there are differences between countries in terms of prevalence of workplace abuse.
This interdisciplinary conference aims to bring together scholars from all over the world to assemble knowledge about ways of preventing and tackling sexual harassment. We also invite activists, labor organisations, policy makers and other stakeholders to take part in the conference.
We welcome papers which analyze:
- strategies for preventing and tackling sexual harassment in different occupations and sectors, historically or today
- policies and legislation compared with practice and effects
- successful strategies and good examples from different contexts
- research methodologies and ethics
- attitudes, gender roles and patriarchal structures
- legal frameworks to stop sexual harassment
- organisations and groups that have worked against sexual harassment
Веб-сторінка конференції: https://www.arbark.se/en/