Mapping Dance and Dance Teaching: Past(s), Present and Future(s) 2020 Conference
Тези до: 20.12.2019
Дати: 04.09.20 — 05.09.20
Е-мейл Оргкомітету: firstname.lastname@example.org
Організатори: The Royal Academy of Dance
As part of the Royal Academy of Dance centenary, and in celebration of the Faculty of Education’s 21st anniversary the Faculty of Education of the Royal Academy of Dance will be hosting an international conference Mapping Dance and Dance Teaching: Past(s), Present and Future(s) on 4th & 5th September 2020. As a leader in dance education and training, and with a track record in delivering pioneering conferences in London (2009, 2013), Sydney, (2016), Brisbane (2018) and Melbourne (2020), the Royal Academy of Dance continues its legacy of bringing together stakeholders from the fields of dance performance, dance education, dance training and associated interdisciplinary domains.
The conference aims to address (but is not limited to) the following themes:
- Dance as art, dance as education, dance as inclusive practice;
- Local and global trends, practices and expectations of dance as a performance art and dance as education and training;
- The role of past models of dance teacher training and education in relation to current day practices and expectations;
- Technologies and the impact on past, present and emerging practices in the learning and teaching of dance;
- The influence of dance heritage in today’s rapidly evolving dance ecologies;
- The influence and impact of dance science research on dance performance, training and teacher education programmes;
- The role of interdisciplinary training to support the learning, teaching and performance of dance;
- Global perspectives on the role and impact of dance competitions in the training and education of children, adolescents and young adults.
Paper presentations should be 20 minutes in length, and practical demonstrations 45 minutes in duration. Proposals for panels and roundtable discussions of 60 minutes are also welcome.