Fiction, Narrative and Art Beyond Literature 2020 Conference
Тези до: 31.12.2019
Дати: 29.04.20 — 30.04.20
Е-мейл Оргкомітету: email@example.com
Організатори: Universitat de Barcelona
Literature has so far played a central role in the philosophical debates concerning fiction, narrative and the cognitive relevance of art. This makes sense if one considers that the linguistic nature of literary works has enabled helpful connections between aesthetics and the philosophy of language. However, the realm of art extends far beyond literature. This workshop aims to encourage philosophical research on issues concerning fiction, narrative and art that have been so far mainly considered with respect to literature but are importantly related also to other forms of art. The goal is to explore whether the accounts developed starting from the paradigmatic case of literature can also be applied to other forms of art or if the latter rather require sharply different approaches.
Topics for papers may include but are not limited to:
- Is there a specificity of non-literary narratives?
- The role of narrators in non-literary narratives
- The application of speech-act theories to non-(exclusively-)linguistic forms of communication and art
- Do non-literary forms of art constitute a possible challenge for intentionalist accounts of fiction, narrative and art?
- Non-literary forms of art and collective creation
- Experience, appreciation and evaluation in non-literary forms of art
- Is there a specific cognitive relevance of non-literary forms of art?
- Can reflection on non-literary forms of art teach something to philosophers?
- Narrative, fiction and cognition in specific forms of art (e.g. painting, theater, film, music, videogame, conceptual art...)
- Does emotion play a specific role in non-literary art?
We invite submissions for 40-minute presentations (not including discussion). Submissions should take the form of a 600–800-word abstract including a title, and should be in English, which will be the official language of the conference. They will be selected without giving undue weight to style or fluency, and on the basis of general quality and relevance to the topic of the workshop.
Please send your submissions through EasyChair: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=.... When you submit, please upload the abstract as a separate file. Deadline for submissions is 31 December 2019.
Travel and Accessibility
The conference will be held at the Universitat de Barcelona, in Barcelona (Spain). While we will not be able to cover all speaker expenses, we will do our best to subsidize some expenses for those speakers who have special needs or do not have access to conference funding.
The conference venue will be wheelchair-accessible and wheelchair-accessible facilities will be available. Service animals are welcome. We regret not being able to offer nearby disabled parking or a hearing loop. Upon request, however, we can use microphones and provide a quiet room. More generally, we will do our best to improve accessibility, including for caregivers, and we encourage you to contact us to discuss how we can do so.
Веб-сторінка конференції: https://philevents.org/event/show/75218