Tattoos, Literature and the Law 2020 Conference
Тези до: 01.03.2020
Дати: 11.06.20 — 11.06.20
Е-мейл Оргкомітету: firstname.lastname@example.org
Організатори: La littérature dans la peau (Université Paris 8 et Université UPHF Valenciennes)
This conference is part of the collaborative project "La littérature dans la peau" organized by the Université Paris 8 and the Université Polytechnique Hauts de France, Valenciennes.
The aim of the project is to foster scholarly exchanges and explore how literature and tattooing practices intersect via the reproduction on the skin of texts, quotes, illustrations, portraits of authors or characters, autographs, ornamental symbols and signs.
How does fiction address the legality of tattoos?
How does it represent tattooed characters on the wrong side of the law?
How do tattoos celebrate the law?
We would like to address tattooing and the law in so far as the act of reproducing images, marking or preserving skins, raises a number of social, ethical and philosophical questions. We are particularly interested in convening events where professionals, artists and academics, from a large range of disciplines, can share their knowledge and research. We do not privilege any literary genre, style or form in particular.
Themes for consideration might include but are not limited to:
- Literary works involving a tattoo of a legal document
- The legality of tattoos in fiction
- Tattoos and ethical issues in literature
- Literary tattoos and discrimination
- Tattoos and copyright
- Social media and legal tattoos
- Law-inspired tattoos
- Tattoo Identification/Tattoo Recognition and Law Enforcement
- Human trafficking and tattoos
- The legal and medical impact of tattooed texts such as “do not resuscitate”
- Anthropodermic bibliopegy
- Preserving Tattooed Texts after death
Веб-сторінка конференції: https://call-for-papers.sas.upenn.edu/cfp/2020/01/13/tattoos-literature-and-the-law