Sixth Annual Conference of the Society for the Metaphysics of Science
Тези до: 03.04.2020
Дати: 07.09.20 — 09.09.20
Область наук: Філософські;
Е-мейл Оргкомітету: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=sms6
Організатори: The Society for the Metaphysics of Science (SMS); University of Bristol
The Society for the Metaphysics of Science (SMS) will be holding its sixth annual conference on 7-9 September 2020 at the University of Bristol, UK. Our keynote speaker will be Samir Okasha (University of Bristol). In addition, Kerry McKenzie (University of California, San Diego) will deliver a presidential address. The conference programme this year incorporates two innovations: parallel symposium sessions including a mixture of invited and submitted symposia, and remote sessions with talks presented via videolink and live-streamed online.
Submissions are invited on all aspects of the metaphysics of science, broadly construed. Submissions may be of individual papers, or of symposia.
Individual paper presentations will be 30 minutes, with a 10 minute commentary, 5 minute reply, and 15 minute Q&A. Submissions should be full papers in PDF format, of no more than 4500 words (references and footnotes not included), and should include an abstract of 150-250 words and a word count. All papers must employ gender-neutral language and be prepared for anonymous review. During the submission process, authors will be able to indicate whether they wish to present in person or remotely via video-link, or are willing to consider both options; this information will not be used in the paper assessment process.
Symposium sessions will be 120 minutes, and should involve multiple presenters, typically 3-4, organised around a topic of interest. Symposia will only be accepted for presentation in person. Proposals for symposia should be uploaded as a single PDF file that includes:
– The title of the proposed symposium
– A short descriptive summary of the proposal (100-200 words)
– A description of the topic and a justification of its current importance to the discipline (500-1000 words)
– Titles and abstracts of all papers, with 250-500 words for the title and abstract of each paper
– A list of participants and either an abbreviated curriculum vitae or short biographical description (not to exceed 1 page) for each participant, including any non-presenting co-authors.
– Institutional affiliation and e-mail addresses for all participants, including any non-presenting co-authors.
At most one contributed paper and one symposium on which you are the presenting author can be submitted. However, if both submissions are successful a presenting author will have to choose between them. A researcher may appear as co-author on more than one paper or symposium talk, but may present at SMS 2020 only once.
Веб-сторінка конференції: https://sites.google.com/site/socmetsci/2020-sms-conference