Ischia and Naples International Festival of Philosophy 2020
Місто: Ischia / Naples
Тези до: 05.04.2020
Дати: 20.09.20 — 03.10.20
Область наук: Філософські;
Е-мейл Оргкомітету: email@example.com
The Association InSophia, in collaboration with the City of Ischia, the CRF – International Centre for Philosophical Research, the University of Toronto Mississauga (Visual Studies Department), and with the patronage of the City of Naples, the Circle “G. Sadoul”, the Italian Institute for Philosophical Studies, the FISP (International Federation of Philosophical Societies) and the Department of Humanities at the University of Palermo, are delighted to announce the sixth edition of the International Festival of Philosophy “La Filosofia, il Castello e la Torre”, to be held between Ischia and Naples. The Festival’s main venues will be the Maschio Angioino in Naples, “Giardini La Mortella”, the Aragonian Castle, and the Guevara Tower in Ischia.
The scientific committee is open to applications coming from a range of different disciplines, including everything from philosophy to the arts, from biology to politics. All proposals that are a strong match to the Call for Papers will be considered for participation.
1. Time and history: Memory, narration, witness.
2. Being and time: Temporality and subjectivity in philosophy, psychology and cognitive sciences.
3. Images of time: Metaphors, representations, objectivations of time in visual arts and literature.
4. The end of times: Millenarianism and eschatology of our planet.
5. No present: Visions of the future in the arts, sciences, philosophy and social media.
6. Through times: A time trip in physics, cinema, and visionary literature.
7. Time in dreaming dimensions: Constructions of human identity, from myth to anthropology.
8. Time and music: Backwards and forward in the history of music and its contemporary forms.
9. Times of life: Transformations of living creatures in biology, from evolution to innovation.
10. Taming time: The praise of slowness vs. praise of acceleration.
Alternative areas: Non-conventional Philosophy
11. Time Talks
Break-out session for scholars, poets, literates, scientists who want to involve people in an unfiltered public discussion in conventional and non-conventional venues.
If you are confident about discussing philosophy in open spaces, shops, and squares as Socrates did, this is your chance.