LIDA 2020: Libraries in the Digital Age (LIDA) 2020
Тези до: 01.05.2020
Дати: 19.05.20 — 22.05.20
Область наук: Технічні;
Е-мейл Оргкомітету: firstname.lastname@example.org
Організатори: Inter-University Centre Dubrovnik
Since its beginning in 2000, LIDA has sought to be on the forefront of significant developments and challenges as libraries and information agencies embrace significant technological changes. The construct of identity and how individuals and groups come to define themselves is complex. Understanding and addressing this complexity is the theme of LIDA 2020. As demonstrated in its 20 year history, LIDA seeks to provide an interdisciplinary platform for researchers, LIS practitioners and educators to present conceptualizations, empirical research, trends, innovations, challenges in relation to Identity, particularly in the context of the ongoing development of library and information agencies, systems and services.
The first LIDA conference in 2000 was themed “Positioning Libraries on the Internet and using Internet in Libraries”. We have come along way! The LIDA journey has embraced technological developments, examined ethical, legal and economic issues of the digital age, explored system and service design for digital libraries, examined education and competencies for LIS professionals, explored social, cultural and organizational dynamics as they impact the development of libraries, and sought to understand the power and impact of digital networks. Through this journey, LIDA has contributed to the development of theories, frameworks and methods for research, and provided insights for innovations in libraries and information agencies.
Central to this scholarly journey has been people. Today we are witnessing a shifting focus from the technology of the digital, to a focus on the humanity of the digital. Who are we in the digital landscape? How, if at all, are our identities being shaped and transformed in this landscape, and how are these shapings and transformations impacting the ongoing development of libraries in the digital age? Who is transforming what, and what is transforming who?
The construct of identity and how individuals and groups come to define themselves is complex. Understanding and addressing this complexity is the theme of LIDA 2020. As demonstrated in its 20-year history, LIDA seeks to provide an interdisciplinary platform for researchers, LIS practitioners and educators to present conceptualizations, empirical research, trends, innovations, challenges in relation to Identity, particularly in the context of the ongoing development of library and information agencies, systems and services.
LIDA 2020 Contributions
Papers, panels, workshops and posters (types described below) are invited covering the following, and related, topics with regard to Libraries, Archives, Museums, and other Information Institutions. Submissions are invited that address the overarching topics:
- 2020 vision for libraries in the digital age: What is the identity and role of libraries in the digital age?
- Factors shaping and transforming identity in the digital age
- Understanding people’s information needs, seeking and use in the context of digital environments and digital services
- Identity, culture, and communication in digital environments
- Identity, community, and belonging – the role of libraries
- Identity, agency and activism, social justice and social inclusion
- Identity, difference and diversity: system and service design
- Digital inclusion and access
- Digital policies, politics and power
- Intellectual freedom and censorship
- Digital environments and the construction and control of identity
- How are identities controlled by the digital environment?
- LIS profession
- Education and training, reference
- Changes and innovation in services, resources and systems
- Digital wellbeing and digital safety
- Protection of digital lives: topics around privacy, digital issues such as cyberbullying, digital harassment, phishing, identity theft and role of libraries
- Heritage, digitization and preservation of resources of and for diverse groups
- Investigating digital networks and network analysis
- Subcultures and marginalized identities
- Innovative approaches to methods, measurement and evaluation: social network analysis, interpretivist methods, altmetrics, data analytics, and visualizations
- Scholarly identity, academic social media sites, roles for libraries
- Thinking ahead out-of-the box: promises and pitfalls of libraries and identity
Веб-сторінка конференції: https://easychair.org/cfp/LIDA2020?fbclid=IwAR0Atv6LLX7zk5zGliNzcltavtzLF7y9xlXyzdm1UnHEWde3jbaI6ZSwEsw
Конференції по темі - із близькими дедлайнами:
Европейское научное обозрение. Выпуск №5-6/2020Тези приймаються до 30.06.20, Вена