Conference 'Imperial Artefacts: History, Law and the Looting of Cultural Property'
Тези до: 31.08.2020
Дати: 28.01.21 — 29.01.21
Е-мейл Оргкомітету: email@example.com
Організатори: Leiden University
In light of these developments we welcome contributions that focus on (but are not necessarily limited to) following topics:
- Histories of specific cases of misappropriation, of colonial violence, of how objects travelled and ended up in Western museums and archives (provenance)
- Histories of the laws of war in colonial contexts in legal practice and in legal theory
- Histories of domestic constitutional and private law concerning restitution
- Histories of the actors involved: imperials agents, indigenous resistance to spoliation, NGO’s, etc.
- Museology: how are colonial objects framed, styled and/or contextualised
- Historiography: histories of the critical debate concerning law, colonial museums and restitution
- De lege ferenda: how can/should legal restitution move forward?
- (Post)colonial debates on the restitution of heritage objects
- Interconnectedness of identity and historical artefacts
- Experience with restitutions concerning art looted by Nazis and its (possible) impact on restituting looted colonial art.
Веб-сторінка конференції: https://www.universiteitleiden.nl/en/news/2020/06/cfp-imperial-artefacts