URSW 2014 : 10th International Workshop on Uncertainty Reasoning for the Semantic Web [@ ISWC]
Місто: Riva del Garda
Тези до: 07.07.2014
Дати: 19.10.14 — 20.10.14
Е-мейл Оргкомітету: https://www.easychair.org/account/signin.cgi?conf=ursw2014
Організатори: Semantic Web (URSW)
You are invited to participate in the upcoming workshop on Uncertainty
Reasoning for the Semantic Web (URSW), to be held as part of the 13th
International Semantic Web Conference (ISWC) in October of 2014 at
Fierecongressi SpA, Riva del Garda, Italy.
ISWC is a major international forum for presenting visionary research on
all aspects of the Semantic Web. The Uncertainty Reasoning workshop is
an exciting opportunity for collaboration and cross-fertilization
between the uncertainty reasoning community and the Semantic Web /
Linked Data community.
Effective methods for reasoning under uncertainty are vital for
realizing many aspects of the Semantic Web vision, but the ability of
current-generation web technology to handle uncertainty remains
extremely limited. Thus, there is a continuing demand for uncertainty
reasoning technology among Semantic Web researchers and developers, and
the URSW workshop creates a unique opening to bring together two
communities with a clear commonality of interest but limited history of
interaction. By capitalizing on this opportunity, URSW could spark
dramatic progress toward realizing the Semantic Web vision.
The intended audience for this workshop includes the following
* Researchers in uncertain reasoning technologies with interest in the
* Semantic Web developers and researchers.
* People in the knowledge representation community with interest in the
* Ontology researchers and ontological engineers.
* Web services researchers and developers with interest in the Semantic Web.
* Developers of tools designed to support semantic web implementation,
e.g., Jena developers, Protégé developers, OWL-API developers...
We intend to have an open discussion on any topic relevant to the
general subject of uncertainty in the Semantic Web and Linked Data
(including fuzzy theory, probability theory, and other approaches).
Therefore, the following list should be just an initial guide.
* Syntax and semantics for extensions to Semantic Web / Linked Data
languages to enable representation of uncertainty
* Logical formalisms to support uncertainty in Semantic Web / Linked
* Probability theory as a means of assessing the likelihood that terms
in different ontologies refer to the same or similar concepts
* Architectures for applying plausible reasoning to the problem of
* Using fuzzy approaches to deal with imprecise concepts within ontologies
* The concept of a probabilistic ontology and its relevance to the
* Best practices for representing uncertain, incomplete, ambiguous, or
controversial information in the Semantic Web / Linked Data
* The role of uncertainty as it relates to web services and cloud computing
* Interface protocols with support for uncertainty as a means to improve
interoperability among web services
* Uncertainty reasoning techniques applied to trust issues in the
Semantic Web and Linked Data
* Existing implementations of uncertainty reasoning tools in the context
of the Semantic Web and Linked Data
* Issues and techniques for integrating tools for representing and
reasoning with uncertainty;
* The future of uncertainty reasoning for the Semantic Web and Linked Data
Веб-сторінка конференції: http://c4i.gmu.edu/ursw/2014/