International Conference On Mangroves Of Asia-Pacific Countries In View Of Climate Change (MAPCVCC)
Місто: Kuala Lumpur
Тези до: 01.08.2014
Дати: 11.11.14 — 13.11.14
Е-мейл Оргкомітету: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com
Організатори: Forest Research Institute Malaysia (FRIM)
The International Conference on Mangroves of Asia-Pacific Countries in View of Climate Change 2014 (MAPCVCC-2014) will be held from 11 to 13 November 2014 in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. For the first time, it will be jointly organised by Universiti Putra Malaysia (UPM), Forest Research Institute Malaysia (FRIM), the Forestry Department of Peninsular Malaysia (JPSM), the National Hydraulic Research Institute of Malaysia (NAHRIM), the MARA University of Technology (UiTM), the University of Malaya (UM), the Institute for Environment & Development, Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia (LESTARI, UKM) and the Asia Pacific Association of Forestry Research Institutions (APAFRI). This Conference offers excellent opportunities and brings together researchers, academicians, students, policymakers, NGO’s, forest managers/foresters and individuals involved in mangrove forest management, development and commercialisation of mangrove products and services from all around the globe to exchange research results and address open issues in various aspects of mangroves.
It gives us a great pleasure to invite all relevant individuals/parties to attend and participate in the International Conference on Mangroves of Asia-Pacific Countries in View of Climate Change 2014 (MAPCVCC-2014). This three-day seminar also includes visit to several mangrove sites of interest in the post conference tour.
The aim of this conference is to gather researchers and managers for the development of new ideas, techniques and enhancing networking for mangrove conservation in the region.
- To build local and regional capacity in mangrove restoration and management and continue to raise public profile of the values of mangroves in the Asia-Pacific countries
- To bring together national, regional, international researchers, forest managers and NGO’s to share experiences and knowledge of the sustainable management of mangrove ecosystems in view of current and future climate change effects
Theme of the Conference
1. Mangrove forests of the Asia Pacific countries: ecology, biodiversity, degradation and vulnerability to climate change
2. Research and development activities towards mangrove sustainability in the Asia Pacific countries
3. Climate change adaptation: country management and policy options for mangroves
4. Efforts in restoration of mangroves in coastal areas and their effects
5. Social, economic and educational aspects of mangroves